Auto Insurance and Much More for Columbia and Ellicott City, MD
Of course, you have plenty of choices when you want to insure your car in
Howard County. But when you're looking for an agent that knows the area,
who works with multiple insurers to get you the best prices, and who will
be here for all your other insurance questions and support, turn to Kirby Insurance.
We offer affordable auto insurance tailored to the needs of residents in
Columbia and Ellicott City, built on a reputation that stretches back more
than 80 years in Maryland.
We're an independent agency, which means that we're not tied to any
particular insurance carrier. And that means we can save you the hassle of
shopping around to secure the best rates.
For example, you may not know that certain models attract higher insurance
rates than others, or that different insurers charge different rates for
the same coverage. Or that small differences in policy wording can
significantly affect the scope of your car insurance coverage.
No worries. At Kirby Insurance, our team of experts will help you find the
Ellicott City and Columbia car insurance that's exactly right for you.
What Kind of Car Insurance Do I Need?
It's illegal to drive without auto insurance in Maryland. The mandatory
minimum coverage requirement calls for liability insurance for injury or
damage you cause to other people and their property, plus uninsured driver
Your other options include:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) which insures you against the cost of
personal injury no matter who's at fault.
- Collision coverage to protect you against the cost of damage to your
vehicle in an accident where you're to blame.
- Comprehensive auto insurance, which covers you against the cost of loss
or damage to your vehicle that's not caused by a collision -- for example
through vandalism, fire or theft.
- Windshield insurance to specifically protect you against a damaged or
broken windshield -- although this may be included elsewhere in your
Why Do I Need Kirby Insurance?
An insurance agent can provide you with much more than just the coverage
you need for your auto.
Kirby Insurance's Columbia and Ellicott City car insurance team can also help you by:
- Saving money by identifying the most competitive rates and then securing
further potential discounts -- for instance:
- when you have more than one policy with the same insurance carrier
- when you agree to a higher deductible (the amount you pay out of your own
pocket before the insurance kicks in)
- where your car is stored
- any additional security protection you have
- Answering your insurance-related questions including any special
requirements relating to high risk insurability.
- Providing insurance for high value, antique and collectible vehicles.
- Providing support and advocacy if you need to make a claim on your auto
- Offering umbrella insurance to add to your main coverage if the limits of
your standard policy are breached.
- Keeping your coverage under regular review to ensure you're always
getting the best deal.
Get Your No Risk, Free Car Insurance Quote Now
There's no need to look any further for your auto insurance in Howard
County, when Kirby Insurance likely already has the solution.
You can find out now, for free and without any obligation, by simply
requesting a quote. Do that now and we'll get back to you quickly with
Or, if you have another question about car insurance in Ellicott City or
Columbia, just call us. We're standing by. Fill out our free quote form on this page or give us a call at 1-800-371-6439.